Hello,
Well, I thought Id give a shout out since no one else was writing anything. Im trucking along like normal, busy as a woodpecker. My research is coming along, slowly but surely, thanks to the marvelous aide of my lovely research assistant Agata. Ive been missing a lot of class to try to make time to get it done but still have loads to do. The other parts of my application are falling in place; Ive even got the dreaded Letters of Reccomendation mostly taken care of. Im almost 99 percent decided now that Ill be applying to the History and not the Eastern European Studies program at UW; the funding (though still scarce, ugh) is more available and it would in fact give me more opportunities, as I could take all the same courses and work with the same professors as the other program with the added ability to branch out into Western europe or other parts of the world. I won't know where I get accepted until March or so, a wait which Im not looking forward to. Agata, on the other hand, has received the good news that she should know her placement around December/January.
Other than that, I have little to say, as my time is spent almost entirely chained to books. I hope to attend a conference today on Hell and Its Afterlife sponsored by the Humanities center, should be fun. Ive been struck by the urge to go see a film as I realize that I have not been out to the movies since coming home from France. Tommy and I discussed going to Prestige soon; there is also a Pedro Almodovar film festival winding up this week that I would love to catch.
Love to all and to all a good night (and happy halloween-season! must be fun with Jak, eh?)
TQC
3 comments:
Travis' new haircut is oh so cute. He even thinks it's a little too long still. I think it shows off his great jawline.
I would love to see it!! But my computer is broken, no more web camera this week. Can somebody send me some pictures of this great jawline that I miss so much? Please.
And the haircut of course, not only the jawline...
Post a Comment