Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My New Job

This is Jenni. It's been a while since I blogged anything so I figured it was about time. I love reading everything, I just get lazy when it comes to writing. Anyway, I got a new job! Or rather, a job--since I didn't really have a job before. Anyway, I've really wanted to do more tutoring this year so I was looking around to advertise and found someone up the street doing tutoring in a little office. I emailed her and it turned out she was looking for another tutor who could do the math and sciences since she does the language arts. Voila! So now I work with her which is really nice for me because she helps find people for me tutor and I can use her office. These were the main things holding me back because I didn't want to have people coming in our apartment that I didn't know and I don't like doing all the advertising either. So, it works out well. We want to take advantage of this last semester when Danny is so flexible. It is kind of a convenient option because I will be doing most of the work during Jak's naptime so Danny will come home and do homework while I ride my bike to the office. I'm excited do something to keep up a little on my skills and I especially want to get more teaching experience to see if education is something I want to pursue. I really like watching people begin to understand and enjoy learning. I already have about 7 hours a week of both math and history so it should be a fun mix. I'll let you know how it goes

The biggest variable right now is if I have enough energy. I am currently spending 10-15 hours/day sleeping because this baby making drains my energy. I'm still a little nauseous, but mostly just tired. I'm counting on it getting better within a couple weeks.


Jak is doing great--he's talking like a madman. If anyone is bored and wants to call Jak--he's a talker on the phone and will tell you what all the animals say and he'll tell you about his books etc. We think it is pretty cute. He had a great conversation the other day with Dennis and Jo complete with rooster calls and pig snorts. He told us he wants to be a soccer ball for halloween so if anyone has a good idea of how to do that let me know.

I guess that's most of the news from Seattle.
Later.

1 comment:

jo said...

good luck with the tired thing. It's so real. The new job sounds great. I think it's a good idea to see if you like teaching. To some people it's so rewarding. Jak was so fun the other night. I loved the pig sounds. Does he ever get to see a pig or cow?