This next week will be really busy for me. On Monday, I have a group of people coming in from out of town to install a software system. They will be here Monday and Tuesday, then I fly to San Diego for Wed thru Friday and come home kind of late Friday night. This will be my first business trip in almost a year, so I have lucked out. At least this trip is to San Diego and not Minnesota.
The project that I will be working on Monday and Tuesday is kind of interesting. We are building the fuselage of a small jet called Javelin (you can look it up on internet). It is sort of like a little jet fighter plane. I can't see any useful purpose for it, so I think it is just for rich people to have fun with. The software is designed to manage 3-D (Catia) data. Our system will be hooked up to theirs so that everyone will see the latest models to aid in concurrent engineering. There are a lot of security concerns that we are still ironing out, but I think it will work.
No comments:
Post a Comment