Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Smacznego

Hello team!

Well, its been a busy week for me and Agata. As she mentioned on Monday I taught at her school, which was positively fantastic, as I enjoyed every minute of it and made 160 zlotys to boot (roughly 60 dollars, not bad for 4 hours work!). On Tuesday both of our private students canceled, so we were unemployed all day. In the evening, we wanted to go out to a chic restaurant dressed all fancy to celebrate our anniversary of first starting to date. We had planned this for monday, but my sudden employment got in the way. We got all fancied up, despite problems with my new tie (which smelt strongly of cigarettes, as I noticed too late) and Agata's boots (at the cobblers for repair) and headed out to the restaurant, only to find that it had relocated to the other side of town. So we went to another restaurant nearby, which ended up being far far too chic for us. We felt extremely awkward the whole evening, even more so when a group of Frenchies sat down right next to us. (French people bring back memories for us of suffering at their hands in Lille.) I was doubly nervous because I had hoped to use this occasion to pop the question to Agata. Things were going so badly, I almost decided to wait for another evening, then spontaneously pulled her back into a nearby hidden booth, got down on my knees, and asked. Immediately thereafter, our waiter came back to see what we were doing, and if we wanted to move to that table. We said sure, as we were glad to move back into the corner and giggle off our shame at our continuing series of Faux Pas. We gulped down our food (which was delicious), I dropped my fork 4 times and Agata finally got a chance to say Yes, and left as soon as possible, went home, got in our pajamas, and curled up to some Desperate Housewives.

So long story short, were engaged! Huzzah!

Meanwhile yesterday I studied like crazy and went back to Agata's school for more substitute work. Hopefully Ill get hired on somewhere, as I love teaching English, and it pays nicely. I think teaching English to foreigners is the greatest kind of teaching, because you get all the fun of being an expert without really having to know anything. Weve scattered my CV around town, heres hoping something comes up.

Love you all, I enjoy your emails, and am sorry I havent had a chance to answer lately. Feel free to call us anytime (hint hint Danny and Jenni),

TQC

4 comments:

jo said...

I'm glad that it all worked out and that Agata said yes. Let us know what your further plans are. I know you have a lot to work out. Congratulations!

Danny said...

Congrats!!! Very exciting. Agata--how did you like the ring. I think it's beautiful. Thanks for the detail Travis--you're getting better. I especially liked the dropping the fork part.Let's talk this weekend--Danny'll be home so it'll be easier to find a time that works. Stay on-line!~~Jenni

Danny said...

Way to go guys! We'll talk to you this weekend, I'm sure.

Danny

agatkamuminek said...

I loved my ring. I hope to meet you online Jenny for more details of our engagment story:)