Search This Blog

Friday, January 12, 2007

Random Week

Hello Everyone! I love to read your messages, however brief. Tommy, we think about you a lot and the hard work you are doing. Good luck this semester! Travis and Agata, why orange? I just have a thing about orange in general. (that's merely based on how terrible I look in orange. I'm more or a purple, navy blue, olive green person.) Dad and I need to paint the family room, because a) it needs to be done b) we want to hang Tommy's photos and art. We also don't want the computer to be down for more than, say, 48 hours.... What's that about???you may ask. We wonder, too. But those are our parameters. I'm against slowwwww painting projects, having experienced some. Anyway. That's great that Travis got to hear some of her Grandfather's stories. I will send my measurements, so to speak. I'm actually about the same size as Travis. Mostly I want to learn to knit correctly, as my Finnish friend says I knit wrong. (wrongly?)

Anyhow. My basketball team won yesterday. Yes, I do coach. Jessie Hill came up to me and asked me after the game started if they were supposed to play position. Her Mom was sitting there(Shirley, also know as She-who-thinks-like-a-man). I told Jessie "I DON'T KNOW!" and I meant it. Then after the first quarter, I asked the team if they would like to play positions. They said, no, this method was working well for them. I told them, coachlike, that seeing as how they weren't playing "bunch-ball" I would let them continue. We had a great time. Everyone shot baskets like crazy. Even my new little "Beehive" , who played her first game, had fun. Mainly because you could make it up as you went along. We rock!

Danny and Jenni might at this very moment know if the new little baby is a boy or girl. But I do not call. No, I wait for them to call me, at least until about 2:00 when I will surely crack.

Dad and I went to our first NAMI Family to Family meeting last night. We meet in Alta View Hospital in a classroom. The class is big. It's very intense. In case you are confused, it's a whole education and support group for families struggling with mental illness. We need to be prepared to help Tyler in any way possible. I think I will probably learn more than I can remember or understand.

Dad told you that we are temple workers. We work in the baptistry with the youth. We are looking forward to it. We can get substitutes when the red-rock country calls, but otherwise, we will be gone 9-12 on Saturdays. (Maybe more like 8:00-1:00. I like to be realistic.)

It's cold here. Cold, cold, cold. First it snowed, melted, froze, then snowed, then the temperatures dropped. I dream of hot swim spas.

Hope you are all well. We want to hear how Danny's SLC project is going.

How could I forget this? This is why I am blogging!!! Papa Herb slipped in his driveway and banged himself up badly. I'm very impressed that his bones refuse to break, however he managed to "bend" his ribs. He's on pain pills, and limitations. I think he even had his ice cleats on. He has been snow-plowing for the whole neighborhood and loving it. I wonder who will plow now? I'm sure Grandma could only do their property. Anyway, remember him in your prayers. I'm sure he would appreciate a letter or note or call.

Take care.

Love, Mom

No comments: