Well, Ive got a cold. I guess it was inevitable, really. I was long overdue, and given the climate change, stress, lack of sleep... It feels like I took a bit of the desert with me, and it requires continual watering. Im downing about 4 liters a day, which is quite inconvienient when you cant drink the tap water.
Still settling in, Marta came over last night, crying. Claudi, it turns out, is quite the jerk. They're no longer together. We comforted her with stuffed duck butt given by Agata's aunt and a Desperate Housewives marathon.
Earlier Agata's grandpa came over, a little worse for wear after his gastroscopy. I gave him the bolo tie, and he put it on right away, and looked quite sharp. Ill post photos later.
We also went and visited Agata's dad. He gave me an old cell phone of his to use while Im here, Ill let you all know the number soon, so you can call in emergencies. It costs me money, though, so Skype remains the best option, or if you wish to call for reals you can call Agata's mom's land line. We discussed politics and philosophy, of all things. His take on America is interesting, although it comes with a grain of salt, as most of what he knows has come from his translations of books by David Limbaugh and Pat Buchanan.
Right now Agata's teaching her class and Im getting some odds and ends done. This afternoon were hopefully going to a museum. The weekend we will be painting, any pointers? I tried to wash the walls in preparation, but apparently they were only whitewashed, thus the paint came off with the dirt and I just succeded in making big smears and I dont think it looks any cleaner.
Love you all mucho mucho mucho, have good times and let me know whats what,
TQC
No comments:
Post a Comment