Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More on Dennis's book.

Double click on the back cover and you can zoom in enough to read the summary. Like I said, it is very interesting. How did he end up in Sandy? I am not sure I have the story right, but Jo can correct me. Anyway, he and Kathryn grew up together in WWII Holland, but ended up marrying other people. Kathryn and her husband joined the LDS church, immigrated to the US and settled in Utah. Many years later, Kathryns husband died and she visited Holland, ran into Dick, found out that his wife had also died and they got married. They currently shuttle between Holland and Utah, though I am not sure Kathryn has travelled much lately. Dick is not a member of the LDS church but attends services with his wife. That is how I know him. Dick is very personable, will talk your ear off with only a slight accent (occassionally, he asks Kathryn in Dutch how to say something) and seems to really like it here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! sounds awesome pa. I would love to read that as well, and am dying to talk to him; its a shame I havent done so before. Let me know any interesting tidbits you find.

love love
tqc