Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

the reception












ufff, that was a bit tiring, 3 hours in a train then a reception and then another 3 hours in the train all in one day. The reception was a lot of fun, much better then the one at the French Embassy two years ago, organized for French Goverment Scholarships winners. We arrived with my Mum at the residence of the Ambassador. It was so hot that we werent exactly fresh, but being honest and modest we were the best looking people there:) Everybody was dressed as if it was a funeral, black and white. Weird. Then the Ambassador gave a speech and another important guy, but I forgot his function. Then it started to rain, so we had to move from the garden to the inside of the Ambassador's house. Then they would read all the winners names and everyone had to go to the stage , make a bow, strike a pose to the photograph and all sorts of embarassing but touching things.Then everyone chatted, I met some nice interesting people, I talked to the Ambassador's wife, who was really sweet. My Mum has realy enjoyed herself I guess she was so proud to be there with me that suddenly she became extremely social and she was chatting with everybody, even in English ( just the basic conversations). I was proud of her and it was so nice to have her there as its Mothers Day today it was my additional present. We had a wonderful time and for the first time I felt as if I had done someting really big and cool. It feels nice:) Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

jo said...

The dress is really nice. Thanks for sharing your big trip to the embassy with us. I think it is big and wonderful. It's very gracious of them to honor the scholars like that.

Tommy said...

Congrats, Agata! Ahh, i remember when i did something big and cool. It was a warm spring day and McDonalds was having a sale on Big Macs. I ate five. Glorious. Anyway, hopefully you didn't get horribly sick to your stomach after your big day...