Dzien dobry fam!
As mom told you, I safely arrived in Poland, an uneventful flight, rather boring actually as the overseas one didnt have any movies :(:( Agata was waiting for me at the airport and it was fantastic to see her again, even though she did kick my butt a bit :) We took quite the deluxe bus back to Lodz, and I've been sleeping ever since. This darn jet lag, I have yet to figure out how to beat it. Yesterday I met with one of the people for whom Ill be working and set up my hours; unfortunately my training for my other job isnt until next friday. But securing the first job was great news, which Agata and I celebrated by going out for a 'chic kebab' at this restaurant that serves dismantled kebabs for cheap but in an atmosphere of fake luxury with a real waiter and all that.
Were busy getting things in place for next fall, too. Agata has been going to the doctors these last few weeks to get all her tests done for her visa (shes syphillis, tuberculosis, and mumps free, if anyone was wondering :) In two weeks she has a formal reception at the American Embassy in Warsaw. She's taking her mother and will be presented with some kind of award or trophy or certificate commemorating her Fulbright. We keep getting paperwork and long, extremely helpful emails from students and faculty at UW, which is exciting. We will both need to register for classes by June. Ive been poking around for housing on the internet but no one so far will consider a pre-lease for September, which makes sense as thats 5 months away. Guess Ill wait until July to get really cracking.
I hope Jenni's doing well these last few weeks with the baby in the belly. I have no idea what the end of a pregnancy is like-- is it harder than the rest? easier?
Ive been extremely dissapointed to discover that I cant find the Jazz games anywhere on Polish television :(:( Ive been reading a lot about them which makes me very jealous as the descriptions are always "Jazz win in another amazingly dramatic, exciting game, one of the best basketball moments in history." Grr.. Im going to try to listen to the next one over internet radio, even if it means waking up at 3 am.
Well, guess thats all. Keep on keeping on. Tommy-- seen any good films in your class? Im always looking for reccomendations.
Be Excellent to Each Other.
TQC
5 comments:
The last game was so exciting that the newscasters couldn't even tell the whole story. They kept stumbling around. Too many exciting parts. Derek Fisher is all over the papers this morning. I guess he came as Brown was removed with a neck injury and made a three pointer that put the game into overtime. Oh well, You probably read that already. Tonight is the first one on our cheap tv. The reception sounds very elegant!
It's Friday night. I wouldn't watch tonight's Jazz game. They have been behind by thirty points at times. They'll be lucky to lose by ten. Sleep.
Don't look too hard for housing. We are still hopeful to get you in our building. We don't pre-lease either. Danny and I found our place at the end of August to move in at the end of September or something like that. We had quite a few options I remember so don't worry too much. I would also think that those who pre-lease are really catering to the student crowd which might not be the kind of building you want to be in.
Pregnancy is going great still. It isn't really much harder at the end except I'm huge so that is definately akward and inconvenient at times and I'm a little more tired. But it isn't really miserable or anything right now. Glad all is well.
Jenni
Travis- The Jazz series is awesome. Sorry you can't get it. Tomorrows game is huge, as the warriors have proven they can winn (or come extremely close) in our building but we haven't come close in theirs... Try to catch it! Anyway, I haven't seen too many movies yet, just A brief Encounter and multiple variations of Pride and Prejudice (we are studying romance addiction in film and literature at the moment...) but i have heard of some interesting ones that i want to see, one is Brick, an independant movie with the kid from 3rd Rock in it, supposed to be really good... and of course, Hot Fuzz, which will probably be in the dollar movies when you come home. it is GREAT!
Post a Comment