Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Family, I'm Finally In

Feb. 19, 2007

It has taken a while to get back into this blog. Now they want to use my e-mail address. If I start to get junk in that account, I'll know why. They didn't know how to reach me before.

Just talked to Travis. Getting married is a complicated issue. I'm glad they are working on the problems. Hope all goes well. I missed seeing Agata on Skype this weekend.

We had a beautiful snowstorm. It was sunny for a while, now it's cloudy again. Maybe there is more snow to come. Tommy is studying and Tyler is playing guitar. They just ate breakfast. I'm thinking about lunch.

Here's a quote I heard on the radio yesterday. It's from a talk I heard by John A. Widstoe, a Mormon scholar, teacher, and leader. He was a Norwegian, Harvard educated chemist who founded the Agricultural College in Logan and taught a lot of farming science. I actually heard a recording of him giving this talk. He was pretty funny. He said "All true things are simple and can be taught simply. If you have a professor who confuses you, he needs to be educated again." I loved that coming from a chemistry professor. He was talking about how the gospel is simple, and all true knowledge can be taught in simplicity. It was refreshing. I think I agree.

I wish Jenni was here to simply teach me math again. And I would like to have an "educated" teacher explain chemistry.

I'm going to go organize my book of dream ideas for home decorating. I'm getting some ideas.

Love you!

Mom

4 comments:

agatkamuminek said...

what is a book of dream ideas for home decorating?sounds fun.

jo said...

I tried to reply, but this new ID has made it so weird. I don't know if this will work. Why are they doing this change?

I collect pictures of things a like for redecorating, especially my kitchen. It helps me know what I like. It's fun to see the same ideas popping up picture after picture, like white counter tops, paned cabinets, warm wood and painted wood together. Then I kind of know what I would really like to have. So many people I know have expensive new homes. We are constantly seeing the "best" and the "latest", but I'm not always impressed. I want to know what I like, what I'm drawn to. Our area is the last farm area on the east side of the valley and we have seen a lot of big fancy homes built here. We really need to update some things in our house when life isn't so hectic.

I missed talking to you! Good luck with all your marriage and college plans. I wish it wasn't so very complicated. We love you both and pray for your happiness.

agatkamuminek said...

it took us 40 minutes yesterday to figure out how should I blog with these new weird logging methods they have and it didnt work. So I gave up cause it was extremely annoying, at least I still know how to leave comments, uff. I miss talking to you too, we tried to call you several times, but no answer. I had so called "decorating fever" this weekend and I changed our room completely and it looks 100 times better now, I was so happy.Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, we need it as the marriage issue is far more complicated than we thought.

jo said...

The comment field has changed to. You have to click on "comment with google account" then start commenting after it brings up a new screen, or it erases your typed comment and gives you the new screen. At least that is my experience. It's so awkward that I think that might change and the "old blogger" entry on the comment field will disappear. Now I know. I wait to enter the new screen before typing a comment. I still think I'm going to get junk mail in my google account because of this.

Finally I've got the current screens somewhat figured out.

Good luck!