Somehow, I missed the invitation originally, but I am onboard now. I have really enjoyed everyones posts. I liked Jenni's a lot. I have had a lot of the same feelings as my career never reached the level of success that I had hoped. It is probably harder for Jenni because she is infinitely more talented than I am, but I can still relate. Once I took a troubleshooting class from Microsoft and they offered the following advice on what to do if the computer/network uptime was not meeting management expectations; "suggest that they lower their expectations". No kidding, that was really one of the options they presented. I wonder sometimes if we don't set unreal expectations for ourselves and, specifically, expectations that would not make us happy.
My new job is going fairly good. I have been in charge of large projects before, but I have never been directly in charge of people, so this has been a challenge. There are so many meetings that I must attend, that I simply can't dig into to each project and understand all of the technical details; I have to rely on the information given me by the people who work for me. I am starting to have a lot of sympathy for Dilberts boss.
1 comment:
Hey pops! Thanks for joining the blog! You should post a photo of your new car when you get a minute, so I can see how sweet it is.
Post a Comment