Aug 17, 2006
I played Mah Jong with Susie K. and her Mom last Friday. It was really fun! It was mentally very demanding and soothing at the same time. Apparently if you play gin rummy, mah jong is easy to learn. I wouldn't exactly say that, but it was funner and I like gin rummy. There is all this ceremony involved which ended up being fun. Each little ceremony seem to have a purpose after a while, but still seemed ceremonial. Apparently mah jong in America is controlled by a New York Mah Jong Society. They set the rules each year and it is known as a Jewish game. It was probably one of the funner games I've ever played, but to play it properly you need four people who committed to playing it for a while. One time my brain just quit and I had to get it going again. It's kind of like doing a complicated crossword puzzle then trying to figure out which puzzle your opponents are doing and blocking them while completing yours.
Did I talk anyone into learning it? The sound of the tiles is supposed to be like bird's wings flapping which is where the name comes from.
Did Tommy say something about meeting beautiful women?
Alex mentioned a Currit's chronicle describing our recent holiday. We didn't get one such. How about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment