I wanted to include some photos in this blog, but Picasa no longer has the blog feature where you upload directly to the blog. Everything changes. Maybe I can figure it out tomorrow.
Happy birthday on Sunday to Travis! His birthday seemed to always be Alta High graduation. I was just looking through a box of Travis's school stuff and photos. I laughed and smiled a lot. He had fun from the beginning. I found a book on archeology he made in the third grade, I think. That was a big interest for him. And a report on Johannes Gutenberg. And a picture of his seventh grade junior jazz team with Bryson White in it. His school teachers adored him. As they should have. And a prom picture with Courtney England. Why on earth did you take your retainer out for your student government pictures???? Who would do that? I remember, too, that Travis was one sweet baby. He was so happy. He hardly ever cried, unless another adult tried to hold him. I had to hold him all the time. I tried to have kiddie photos taken at the mall, but when that girl came towards him squeaking that toy in his face, it was all over. After paying for two sets of photos with tears in his eyes, we went for candids. On his first birthday I scheduled a photo session with Busath, a professional photographer downtown. A few days before the appointment, Travis was rushed into surgery for a hernia repair. So we have home photos of Travis, then school photos. I was the family photographer and he was always in my arms. There's more pictures of him when he was walking.
So you were very loved if not photographed. Still there are tons of photos, mostly with brothers in them. He liked his brothers.
Happy Birthday Travis! See you in 8 weeks or so. I hope all is going well with the wedding plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment