Hi Family! I'm back from a fun week in Seattle with Danny and Jenni and their boys. I enjoyed myself so much. And Dennis survived and had fun. He really appreciated Tommy's help and company. Today I'm paying bills, unpacking, doing wash, watering plants...but it isn't overwhelming. It's just stuff. We both have good memories. I love those boys of Danny and Jenni's. They are such exciting, good people. They love piano and practice each day. The family cow has become piano lessons. Daily they work hard at their music. They are learning discipline and hard work and are gaining wonderful musical skills. Milo sings and hums Suzuki songs all the time. Jak and Ollie play real songs beautifully. We had a great time reading Asterix comic books. We all enjoyed it. When I tried to edit a few phrases out, Ollie and Jak read over my shoulder and insisted we read everything. Those Gauls! We went to the Folklife festival at the Seattle Center on Saturday. It was intense. I found fascinating music everywhere, delicious food and crowds and crowds of people. Danny took us to a sea food restaurant Saturday night called "The Walrus and the Carpenter." Dennis needs to go there. We waited two and a half hours to be seated. ( we waited in a tea shop. I wish I could remember the name of that tea. I loved it.) They feature oysters and other seafood and salads and dessert, and cheese. We tried oysters on the half shell. They did taste like the ocean. We were advised to chew them, which I did. It was delicious. I talked Danny and Jenni into ordering grilled sardines. I read a Michener book called "Iberia" in college about the history of Spain (and sardines.) I always wanted real grilled sardines. It was a wonderful restaurant.
We also went to Cashmere and visited Gpa and Gma. They were doing fine. We ate delicious food, had a weiner roast. It was Ollie's fifth birthday. Jenni made a caterpiller shaped cake with buttercream icing. The only dog left at gma's is Sugar. She is probably the most gentle, benign pet they have ever had. I had two long hammock naps/reading sessions and a lot of jawbreakers from the gazebo. It was good to see the folks in fine humor. They are doing well. The new addition to their house is so logical and welcome. I think it was always supposed to be there.
Dennis is standing up straighter and looking stronger. He even puts a little weight on his injured foot. He's not supposed to, but he's body is ready to walk. I think this is all going to go well.
What a great time I had! I have a good, sweet, loving family and I appreciate you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment