May 16, 2012
Hi to everyone! You seem so far away. I really enjoyed all of the Mother's Day calls and chats. I had an excellent feast here at home. Tommy has perfected the "crab boil". We even dumped it on a green plastic tablecloth and ate with our fingers. It was delicious. And it was a beautiful day in the backyard. The rest of this week has been hot hot hot and today is windy. Remember last year when nothing would grow until the end of June because it was too cold and rainy?
Rumor has it that Rilee is okay, safe and very busy. Tommy talks to her briefly each night. Tommy is busy gardening and doing house projects. I thought their house was spotlessly clean already. He has suggested that we wrap a garbage bag on Dennis leg and float the Green River. We are definitely doing that when Dennis gets the walking cast.
We went to the doctor today and changed casts. Someday someone might ask you what color cast you want. Be prepared. We weren't. It was too early in the morning. And Dennis was wearing his bright green surfer shirt. So we chose black. The doctor seemed to think that the physical therapy wasn't that big of a deal and that he should be walking when we go to Poland. Walking sort of, but walking. That was more hopeful that we expected.
I will find out how Danny and Jenni are doing soon. Tommy is going to help Dennis while I go to Seattle over Memorial Day weekend. I can't wait to see them and the boys. Ollie's birthday is the 27th of May. Ollie will start school this fall at Coe Elementary with Jak.
Travis and Agata read us the menu for their wedding night. I want to taste all of that food but it will be a challenge. This will be Olympic eating. It sounded delicious with many Polish dishes. Agata is waiting for the first fitting of her wedding dress. I hope it goes well. The fabric and design are lovely. The invites should be coming soon. I think the Currit package will arrive at my house.
Alex and Brynna are introducing new interns to Thailand. Apparently culture shock is to be expected. They are busy and happy. It was so good to chat with them. I am very grateful for skype and g-chat. I know when we met Agata we felt like we knew her already. It is a very authentic experience.
I have been gardening with the help and advice of Dennis and Tommy. It's a struggle to get things started. Dad is good at weeding. We still have to plant a corn patch. We are trying to figure out if we want the typical early corn which might ripen while we are in Europe or if we will risk the full season corn and hope to harvest when we get back. We are actually growing it for the corn stalks. The fence is so ugly.
Ty and Dawn and the girls were over last night. Laurel wants to learn, learn, learn. I need to play more and prepare more for her to do. Lilah knows a lot. She can tell a triangle from a square and even pointed to one block and said it was a diamond. Her vocabulary is amazing. Dawn is half way through this pregnancy. Ivy is kicking now. We are looking forward to this little person very much.
Thanks for your Mother's Day calls. I love you and miss you.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment