Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

News from Home continued

I meant to write that Papa Herb's birthday is March 29. This might be a good year to give him a phone call or send a card. We look forward to seeing them maybe over Memorial Day.

City Creek is amazing and I will always be thrilled that Danny was a part of it. It has been fun to be somewhat in on the development from the beginning. Downtown Salt Lake is more of a destination that it ever was. We agreed that the rebuilding of the commercial area around City Creek will probably be surprising, too. One must remember that this giant commercial area was built with private money and it is private property. Some of the rules disturb the liberal in the liberal community. And seem odd. I like the "no dogs" thing. Utahns aren't the best dog owners. They are into off-leash black labs from the pound. (use next door as a reference.) City Creek is an extension of the Church plaza and is a gift to Salt Lake City. What's wrong with behaving in public places? The right to not behave is no right I recognize at all. And I'm not even close to being as crazy as half the people at the caucus meetings. I am quite the liberal compared to most around here.

I just want enough money to go into Tiffany's and have them bring jewelry from the vault for me to try on.

My goal is to wander City Creek with each of you and sit at a table on the plaza and watch the world go by. (then eat Tibetan food in the Avenues.)

2 comments:

Danny Currit said...

I will gladly sit and eat at City Creek with you! I am excited that it looks so good! Can't wait to see it myself.

Danny

Tommy said...

I am not sure about the "no dogs" rule. I went back the other day and they have doggy poop bag stations all over so you can clean up after your pets... hmmm