I honestly can't figure out how to work the netlix recommend list. I thought the first episode of Raising Hope was hilarious. I hope to watch more. Dennis and I also like Frasier. It's about two high-maintenance brothers living in Seattle. We watch Switched at Birth and Once Upon a Time on Hulu. I also watched a version of Heidi (not with Shirley Temple) that I really enjoyed. Dad liked it, too.
It has snowed the last two days and is supposed to be quite warm this weekend. Our Spring cleanup is in two and a half weeks. I think it's a little early for that.
Dawn is feeling a lot better. She and Tyler are very focused on preparing for this new baby. It's going to be a busy September and October from now on!
We are officially missing everyone. I have discovered new ways in healing this winter. I couldn't walk and now I can. I've been having A.R.T. treatments all month and laser treatments and Kenzio taping. Wearing a cast only caused scarring and physical therapy was fun and comforting, but didn't get me walking. It's been interesting. I think sports medicine is pushing the limits of healing as athletes ( like trail runners) insist on healing and moving. A lot of the real healing techniques haven't sifted down to medical doctors or insurance companies. I think they will someday, mainly because they work. Don't take healing for granted. Keep looking (if you want to walk.)
Dad is pretty happy with his job right now. The pressure is off and he is letting go and enjoying things. This is a much better way to prepare for retirement. I don't handle changes that well. Retirement is one big life change all at once. Unfortunately, a lot of people are forced into it because of medical issues. We hope to walk happily into it on our own two feet (and travel a lot.)
We look forward to Travis and Agata's wedding this summer and our trip to Europe. I found the perfect shoes at the mall to walk around Europe in. So I'm ready to go. Except for an outfit for the wedding day...
I've read some interesting books this winter: Killing Lincoln which was poorly written, but is popular, The Unbroken, which is very popular, life changing and grueling, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, a book that developed nicely and kind of ditched me at the end. Probably the best book I've read is The Graveyard Book. I'm currently reading Rick Steve's book on travel (I think it is Travel as a Political Act) that Brynna is using in her class. It would be fun to discuss with people. Lots of ideas to talk about. I'm also trying to learn fifty useful words in Polish. I can't ever look at the printed Polish. I have to just listen to the cd. Someday I hope to be able to recognize the sounds in writing. I also finished doing my Personal Progress in Young Womens at church. I'm glad about that. It's a lovely program and I enjoy the 12-13 yr. old girls so much. Did I tell you that pixie sticks poured into red vine licorice tastes just like strawberry rhubarb pie? We have a lot of fun.
Hope you are surviving the last of winter and looking forward to spring.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment