anywho I got this extension for my media center that automatically posts my ratings/shows watched on a blog.
check it out if you feel like it. maybe I'll post books I like there too.
oh, and you see the little 'follow by email' box on the Currit Family blog? put in your email and get updates when people post.
I feel like the blog is kind of dead; yet we are all more internet-connected than ever (I'm looking at you, iPhone owners!) I wonder if a new format would revive interest. Closed Facebook circle? Twitter ... uh .. something? Google+ circle? IM chat group?
I know writing emails takes effort, and its hard to find time, especially with time zone diffs, to call, but I'd like to know a bit about what y'all are up to. Maybe something effortless and automatic would be enough. Upload your runs (danny's great at that, I actually do read Constant Stride from time to time), post what your eating, reading, thinking, bowel movements, weight loss, whatever... I'm kind of lonely here in the frozen East.
The Blog could work for all that if it fits in your lifestyle. But maybe sth else would work better, be easier, more likely to be read and commented on. Let's discuss.
2 comments:
I like the blog. I learned how to use tools that had been around forever. I never envisioned a world where everything shifts and changes all the time. But, I think we could add technology to the blog. What I'm offering is, I'll try to blog more often, even post pictures, and the rest of you can communicate with travis through trendier means and teach me a little along the way.
I think a huge step to making the blog work better is if everyone signs up to 'follow by email' with the box on the right on the main page. Then you are notified every time someone writes a new post. Otherwise, I think maybe it would be better to just do good old fashioned email addressed to everybody -- the point is people check their email daily, but the blog much less often.
Post a Comment