Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Briefly

Hi from Mom. We saw "the Artist" last night with Tommy and Rilee. What a good show. It was very lovingly done and thorough in it's ability to parody and praise silent film. I would recommend watching old Buster Keaton movies after seeing it, and Fred Astaire movies.

Brynna is in California. We all envy her. She is visiting her grandparents. I'm glad she could go before she goes to Thailand.

According to the news, Europe is experiencing their second winter of deep freeze. The unusual cold stretches all the way to China. We could use an update from Agata and Travis. We have a sputtering winter. It stays cool to cold with half-hearted storms. If you believe the news, the Seattle area is getting a lot of rain this winter. (Is that unusual?)

I'm kind of stalled out on winter. We have sort of a hibernating mentality going on. I can't even imagine a spring life. I think I need to go see some Seattle spring.

Tyler and Dawn are very excited about their new baby that is coming. Dawn feels like this one might be a boy. The due date is September 30. Of course, they really expect it will be a girl. That would be fine with me.

Dad and I are going to Lava Hot Springs for a few days. Thursday and Friday. We probably need to get out of here. Who knows. Not being in pain when I walk is working for me. If any of you sprain your ankle, I have a little healing info to share. Don't get a cast.

I thought I wanted to see Madonna's new movie about Wallis Simpson. But it got one star in the paper. The review said it was absolutely empty and mostly a period piece fashion show. So much for that.

Alex seems to have weathered the week alone. He probably enjoyed studying and writing non-stop. It's hard to have too much to do.

Today is Jenni's piano lesson day. She and Danny are very busy. Jenni is doing some trail running, too. It's fun to hear about all of their friends and activities.

Keep in touch. We love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

brief update: no worries about the cold here, were actually experiencing a wonderful thaw of above freezing temperatures.