Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Tidbits

Hello all.

What do you think of applying for this credit card as a way to pay for one leg of the flight to Europe?
http://www.creditnet.com/credit-cards/airline-miles-credit-cards/chase-sapphire-preferred-card.php

Also, for you iPhone users, there is an ITA Matrix app that has great flight search features such as a graph of price variations that adjusts as you drag your date range around. Bad news is that playing around on this has just confirmed how dang expensive it is.

In other news, I added a "Netflix Instant Picks" list to the sidebar of the blog. Jenni and I often find ourselves wanting to watch a good movie on Netflix but unable to find anything that looks worth our time. The other night I actually watched "Hulk". Not the newer one with Edward Norton, but the older one and it was terrible. So feel free to add recommendations to the list when you find something good and we will all benefit. To add to the list you will need to login to your google account in the right hand corner, then a little tool symbol should appear near the list. Click on that and away you go. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Hasta luego
Danny

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card; I did it a few years ago (wonder if I can do it again, unfortunately doubt it :(:()

the big catch of course is that 95 dollar fee after the first year. I've paid it 2 years now because I'm too lazy/sissy to cancel it, but also I try to think it pays off -- you earn lots of points, and can use them on any flight with any airline at a good rate, i think its sth like 20-30 percent more than if you just cashed them out. plus they dont charge a foreign currency transaction fee, which is nice the few times i find a place taking plastic. if you can really get 50 000 free bonus points id go for it even without a trip in mind.

ill try to see how that instant pick thing works, great idea

Unknown said...

i think i figured it out, just like how you described it. i dont have access to netflix as im out of the country but i checked on instantwatcher.com and put a few of my favorites.

jo said...

Great idea. We find good stuff sometimes. We all need to share ideas. We rented "Uptown Girls" last night in honor of Valentines Day. It actually was very touching in the end. I liked it.