Remeber the very first blog post? I remember Jenni reflecting on her decisions in life and accepting the fact that she would never be a "rock star", or something like that. I turned 62 this winter and am no longer a manager, just a "individual contributor". Retirement looks like a real possiblility (albeit a few years away), but, l am in the process or re-evaluating my life. Work has always been such a big part of who I am and what I thought about. While I never did anything really great, I took a lot of responsibility for and pride in my work. Now, I realize that I will walk away from it in a couple of years never have anything more to do with it. I seriously need something else in my life. Jo commented on the fact that I didn't have any hobbies and I am trying to remedy that with old wood working tools, hiking, running (not like Danny, but still running), etc. Also, at work, I am letting go, realizing that I don't have to make decisions, I can put them back on the current management. I don't have to solve the problems anymore. Overall, I am really enjoying these aspects and think it is possible that I can hold on for 4 more years. The one thing that I do miss is that I will not travel much if at all. Jolene and I had really enjoyed the business trips since she started coming with me.
We miss you all and really look forward to seeing you. Hope you are all doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment