Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Update

Hello from happy valley!
So, wonderful news. I was notified recently that i have been accepted to the advertising major at BYU. Kind of cool, though they did have a record few amount of applicants this semester and about a 90% acceptance percentage as well (this semester)... But, i still would like to think that my outstanding application warranted my being accepted.
In other news, I got a phone call from Carl, a guy I worked with on my mission, who got off his mission a couple of months ago and called to tell me that he is engaged and is getting married this fall (August 4th, to be exact.) He is marrying a member from out there, who actually went to BYU and came with me to take him to the MTC. It was a great phone call and hopefully i can make it out there for the wedding...
Well, thats about all thats new with me, if i think of anything else i will wait for someone to ask via some form of correspondence, as i am not sure exactly what people know already...
Love, Tommy

3 comments:

Danny said...

Hey, Congrats! That's very cool. It's good to hear news from you. That is also very exciting about Carl. He's the one who was in Iraq--right? Anyway, we'll call this weekend sometime.
Danny and Jen

jo said...

Congratulations! We are very excited for you. I don't know what's up with this trend of needing to apply for a major, but I'm very happy you were able to get into the program you chose. That's cool about Carl. I'm glad I got to meet him that once.

jo said...

Didn't Carl have a girlfriend in the army who was a member?