Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Good Movie

My calendar says to see a good movie and call Travis. I tried. He isn't on line. So I'll write. Dad and I went with some friends to see a movie Saturday night. We saw "Amazing Grace." I loved it. It had a big impact on me. I admit I love to watch PBS documentaries. I don't know if critically it was an award winning movie, but I learned so much and really enjoyed it. It's about a man named William Wilburforce who was in the House of Commons in England and fought for years to get the slave trade abolished in England. Also the priest who wrote the hymn "Amazing Grace" was a big part of the story. It was a very unusual movie for the times we live in, where movies are so much about action, violence, sex, etc. This was a specific slab of history very carefully delivered. Good show. We found a Thai restaurant with tapioca drinks after the movie. I've heard about the big stuff coming up the straw. It was an interesting experience. The tapioca was very large and black. The fruit smoothie part was excellent.

Alex has been transferred to a new area. Maybe even to Bangkok. We'll find out on Tuesday. Dad's company sold off a minor part of their business (no big changes). Hope everyone else is well and happy. Your prayers on our behalf here are greatly appreciated. We take things a day at a time and enjoy each other's company very much.

Looks like it's my blog. Please write!

Love, Mom

No comments: