(Here is an excerpt from a letter I just wrote to Mom, then realized it would make a fine Blog entry)
I finally heard from a university; Ive been accepted to NYU with a full fellowship!! They said I ranked highly among the 20 candidates admitted out of 300 applicants. It looks like a really good program and I would be happy to go there; of course, Im still eager to hear from Washington. But its good to finally have some news after so much waiting, although it would be even better to get some news about Agata...
A moderate spring has arrived. Temperatures climbed above freezing this week, which makes all the difference. I taught a lesson at Agata's dad's school on Wednesday on American english; I made a slideshow called "Do you speak american?" and went over the differences between American and British english and between different regions in America. I played clips of people from various parts of the country talking and made them practice a nice drawl and an all american 'A' as in 'Amos.' Today I have a conversation lesson with some guy who called. I spent a lot of time at the library this week; I got a lot of research done though im continually frustrated by my polish. The best part was the Polish hamburgers Ive been eating in the cafeteria in the library. They have this delicious pea and garbanzo style sauce and in general are quite gourmet for a 3 zloty cafeteria burger.
Love you much,
TQC
1 comment:
We just need to close that cross-country gap a little bit and get you two in the same town. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment