I am supposed to take my GRE test in October and believe me - that is not an easy task for a foreigner. Basically, I spend like 6 hours every day on memorising words like „ idiosyncrasy, assessment, prostine, proclivity”- which are, I’m strongly convienced, these kind of words that you need to use every single day when you go shopping.
Yesterday I decided to start practicing for the quantitative section, which was slightly better although when it comes to tasks about probability I’m absolutely bemused. I wouldn’t like to neglect the existence of talented Polish mathematiciens, I’m sure there are a lot of them as Travis’ Dad told me once but apparently I’m not that Polish in this case.
I’m going back to France , Lille this week, as I have to pass my final oral exam to accomplish my Master of Culture Management. Then I will drop in London for a very important job interview. They asked me to come after I had contacted the Polish Cultural Institute there to ask if they had any vacancies. I care a lot about this job this would definitely be awsome to work for them. ( Quesiton for women readers – what should I wear for this interview to make them think that I’m professional but not dull at the same time???).
5 comments:
It's easier for me to think about what not to wear to an interview....I watched E.R. in the gym last week. The director of Emergency Services was applying to be Chief of Staff at the Hospital. She changed her outfit all day long then finally went to the interview in a friend's leather jacket with her own black slacks and white shirt. Danny decided to dress up in the suit and tie for his interview in Seattle.
Good luck! I think it causes less agony to be too dressed up than to be underdressed for the job.
Thank you for your advice - I bought a really nice blouse today and I found a pair of smart shoes. I tried to put it all together, my Mom said " I would hire you" so I think it works.
I didn't mention that she didn't get the job. I think she should have worn a black skirt instead of slacks to the intial interview, but I thought the rest of the outfit was great.
Hey, I know English and I still bombed the GRE. I don't know if that helps at all...
~Danny
Hey I think it does a little, cause if you don't know what a "tangent" , an "integrer" means you can't figure out the answer, because you just don't know what the question is:)
Post a Comment