Sept. 23
Sorry, Agata, the interview in England didn't go better. Congratulations on not accepting that job (?) offer. We've had some computer failures around here, so it's good to finally accesss the family blog again. I'm thinking some baby pictures of Agata would be in order.
We watched "Cactus Flower" last night with Goldie Hawn. I love how it seems like a Goldie Hawn movie but ends up being an Ingrid Bergman movie.
We finished producing Alex's newsletter for him and his high school friends. Sean is going on a mission to Hamburg, Germany. Mark Tuttle is going to Slovenia (is Mark still teaching the language?). I'm trying to learn how to do all the tasks on the computer that Alex did so well for me for so many years. You may have heard about the military coup in Thailand. We still think he is leaving for Thailand on Oct. 2. He is going to call every family number he can, so I will keep you posted on times. The Emporer of Thailand says he is the most beloved ruler in history, and the best. It appears that he engineered the takeover to get rid of the elected Prime Minister. The leader of the military is the acting prime minister (and his brother-in-law, probably). It is supposed to be a peaceful takeover. We'll see how it affects visas. I'll type some parts of Alex's last letter. (I don't think he knew about the coup at the time he wrote.)
Take care. I borrowed a whole book of cryptograms from the library. I haven't been able to figure out one without looking at the solution. I'm going to post one on the blog to see what you think.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment