Search This Blog

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Letter from Elder Currit Aug. 28

How goest things, yo? (Thai?) The MTC life ontiinues to be quite kickin' We reached our halfway point here last Friday. The time is just flyin' by!

The language continues to be most excellent. It is a fun language. The grammar is really simple, for example (thai word) "I delicious" and (thai word) "I go bookstore." No verb conjugation or nothing. We taught the 3rd lesson this week in Thai for the first time. That was exciting. We also got a new shipment of Australian Elders in. The Wednesday they got in one of them accidently put his luggage in the wrong building. I got back to the dorm at 9:30 p.m. and spent til 10:30 p.m. running around trying to find it for him.

Well our phiithais are gone be we get our group of nssythais in this wednesday. We also got a lot of Cambodians in last Wednesday (we S.E. Asia folk hang together.) We also have a soccer rivalry Cambodians and Hmongs vs. Thais and Laocens. It's way fun.

Dang. I went to lunch and now I lost my train of thought. Oh, yeah. Last Tuesday Pres. Hinckley's son came and introduced the new while hand book. It 'twas quite exciting. Nothing more exciting than a new rule book......ha ha. Wait. Actually a lot of things are.

So we had an awkward moment yesterday (Sunday). Our alarm clock didn't go off during our afternoon nap. We ran all the way to the chapel and to there just as they were singing the opening hymn. We walked up to the stage with everyone in the congregation laughing at us. It was hilarious.

My p.e. time is great. We get 3-4 p.e. times a week. I usually play soccer just because we have that rivalry going on. Yes, I am still in a companionship-o-three. It's awesome. We get along great even though we are very different people.

Love, Elder Currit.

New letter: Sept. 4

Well, it is now four weeks exactly until I leave the MTC! I can't wait! Time is going by so fast.

Sounds like everyone is doing well back home (except for the stomach flu-ness that seems to be afoot). So Tommy went to Wind Rivers? That sounds awesome. So I was going to send pictures this week, but I never got around to printing them. So maybe next week you will get pictures of the exotic MTC life.

Well, Elder Pope and some other fellas leave tomorrow. Our (Thai words) (including Elder Howell) came in this week. 'twas quite exciting. We also taught really well in Thai this week. The gift of tongues is very plentiful.

My companions continue to be studs as are the rest of the guys in my district. We had a really cool speaker last night. His name was Scott Anderson. It was awesome. We also got a new schedule so we will have five gym times instead of three. It's going to be fun. Script is coming along pretty good. The other day me and Elder Wheelwright struggled through a whole page of a script "Preach My Gospel". It was brain-frying!

Oh yeah. I just remembered something. The other night (oh wait. You need some background info--) So Ranstrom moves around a lot and the beds are so creaky that I would never be able to sleep, so we just put his mattress on the floor) so Wheelwright is sleepwalking one night and kicks Randstrom in the face. Ranstrom woke up with his nose bleeding all over the place. It was hilarious.

So we had a missionary go home this week. He had to have surgery on his....his....sphincter....He was an English-speaking missionary going to Australia. Poor kid.

Well, this Church is so awesome. The Spirit at the MTC is so awesome. I can feel the Lord's hand helping me learn this language each day. It is amazing. Hope you are all doing well.

Love Elder Currit.

He spelled "Currit" in Thai script.

Write Elder Currit for only one 39 cent stamp. Sale ends in four weeks!!!!!!!!!

No comments: