Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

February and Still Winter

Hi Family,

How is everyone doing?  We know a little or a lot.  We'd like to know more.  It seems like everyone is at a crossroads or overwhelmingly busy.  I will attempt to update the family, but if I get it wrong, please start talking.

Tyler and Dawn have had a long two weeks.  All the girls have had bronchitis.  Ivy was hospitalized for a few days with RSV, which is the particular virus they had.  Primary Children's Hospital was full of RSV patients.  It's a fierce virus that lasts about two-three weeks.  Nothing flows freely, but turns to a gel-like substance that chokes and strangles babies.  This is true.  What a mess.  After two days they brought Ivy home with oxygen.  She returned to the clinic (suction clinic: there are quite a few around for the epidemic), once each day.  Dawn didn't get much sleep.  And Ivy is doing very well!  She has always responded to the illness better than most.  She smiled and laughed in the hospital.  She didn't enjoy the congestion or procedures, but she would smile when she could.  Apparently nursing babies were responding much better, so Dawn was encouraged to nurse and not give her bottles.  We realized how precious she is and were so grateful for her parents and the nursing staff and facilities at the hospital.  This might be too much information for those who are contemplating having children, but Dawn and Tyler need our prayers and support at this time.  Dawn's father is very ill in the hospital in California and the outcome doesn't look good.  Also Laurel is getting her tonsils out on Valentine's Day.  We will be glad to get that over with.  Dennis and I have enjoyed tending the girls.  They love to play and learn.  One time Laurel and I just sat on the floor and made weird bird sounds.  It was great.  They are so much fun.  Ivy is charming and beautiful.  Her life is so precious.  Did you know we have all had RSV?  It's almost impossible to avoid it.  It's just very hard for babies to get it.

Danny and Jenni are off to Hawaii. It was bound to happen.  Danny is working on a retail project there and must see it.  They have a busy time ahead.  Jenni's brother, Michael, is getting married here in Salt Lake in March.  Danny and Jenni are also talking about going to Europe to see Agata and Travis.  Danny has been working 50 hour weeks.  His company can't hire engineers fast enough.  He also lost his assistant engineer who was fired for some reason.  Danny just ran the Orcas Island race and did very well.  He beat a famous woman runner who ran with him most of the time.

Travis and Agata are still in Poland.  Agata's grandpa just had his 90th birthday.  Of course, they were in Lodz for the party.  Travis has a job interview coming up that has him a little tense.  We wish him much success.

Alex has heard from two universities.  He is planning on travelling to Seattle and to Pennsylvania.  He and Brynna just put in a wood floor in a room in their house.  Brynna did a lot of the research and work.  I think they should remodel houses.  They work well together and are both good at it. 

Tommy and Rilee are working on ideas for starting an agency in the country of Jordan.  We'll be anxious for further updates on that.  Rilee works from home now and travels to Provo just for meetings.  Tommy is very busy at his ad agency.  I think they are going to Wyoming this week.

Dad and I just had the hall bathroom torn apart.  I need to chose tile and cabinet for it.  It had some problems and was worn out.  As of now, there is no tub in there, no toilet, no tile.  I have some ideas.  It will be white, probably, with green and gray touches, maybe some surprises.  I wish I were in Hawaii......

We know you're having some stress in your lives and have decisions to make.  We pray for you and love you and appreciate being part of the process.

Love, Mom

No comments: