Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Congratulations to Travis for getting a job with the game company in Poland producing the game "witcher".  (I assume it has something to do with witches.)  He said one time that this might currently be the most exciting company in Poland to work at.  He survived a lot of interviews and has been hired as a translator for a new game they are producing.  I  think he will meet some pretty interesting people and surprise them with depth of his computer skills.  He has wanted to change up his career goals, so it will be fun to see where this takes him.

Congratulations to Alex on his acceptance into the ph.d. program at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.  They are very excited to have him come.  I'm sure this will be a great adventure for he and Brynna.  Like Poland, it is SO FAR AWAY!  But we hope to finally see Niagara Falls and upstate New York.

Congratulations to everyone who has survived this long winter, especially to Tyler and Dawn who have done it with a new baby, two restless preschoolers, and some pretty scary times.  We are so grateful for all those who devote so much time in caring for our grandchildren.  They truly are the blessings of our lives.

Tulips are blooming in my kitchen.  I found some bulbs I forgot to plant in the garage, so I potted them and put them in the kitchen.  It's still snowing and icy outside but I have great hopes that spring will come someday.  I'll bet the camelias (how do you spell that?) are in bloom in Seattle. 

We are in the middle of a project to remodel the hall bathroom.  Today I ran to Home Depot to solve the problem of "what kind of hinges do you want on the door?"  I found the doorknobs I want, but they only make hinges in about five metals. Who knew this would be an annoying hour long errand full of frustration.  Of course I did this in a snow storm.  But the people working on the tile are pleasant and the end is in sight.  It could be worse.  And, surprisingly, my house smells better.  I was not liking a certain smell the last few years, but it's gone.  I think it was the rot under the tub.  That's a lesson I've learned these last 30 plus years:  Home smells equals rot.

Missing you all....keep in touch.

Love, Mom

No comments: