Yesterday I was about done in. By the time Danny came home my nerves were toast. It took him about 2 minutes before he offered to stay with the boys and give me a "night off". I had watched one of Jak's friends all afternoon and they spent the time screaming at the top of their lungs while doing activities such as throwing money (coins) at the wall, shaking Oli's crib until he woke up, banging on the table like it was a drum, dumping out everything in sight--cards, coin jars, books, toys...I couldn't keep up with them. Next time they are together will have to be much more structured and controlled--none of this letting them play together while I attempt to get other stuff done. Anyway, every week we usually have a night where we are totally frazzled by the time the boys fall asleep--but it is very discouraging to start the evening that way when dinner isn't done and the house is a disaster. Anyway, after dinner I went to Joann's with Agata (who was equally fried from writing a paper) and we indulged in some craft stuff. It was mostly just such a treat to walk through the store alone. When I got home Danny had Oliver asleep, the house clean, and Jak in bed. He's my hero.
Well there's my venting session. Most days are not so tiring. Here's hoping today is a lot better!
Jenni
1 comment:
Good grief, that sounds exhausting. I love to walk through certain stores, just to dream, treasure hunt and relax. I wish I could have helped....
Post a Comment