Search This Blog

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Random

Its been awhile since I've poste, so I figured now would be as good a time as any. I just got back from playing frisbee golf around campus. THe frisbee team made a big course that goes through all of campus, its pretty fun. We have to play late at night so we don't run into very many people. Its always an adventure and usually hilarious events happen... Good times. It is about one in the morning now, and I am procrastinating going to bed because that means I just have to wake up and go back to work. Ugh. Playing on the computer sounds like more fun, even though it means I will be tired tomorrow and probably late for work... I registered for winter courses yesterday. it was good to be able to do it early and get all the classes I want. The only problem is that a lot of the classes I want overlap, so I have to make some sacrifices. I want to take this American Authors: Cormac McCarthy class, but I don't know if it will work. I am done with my English minor, but this class sounds interesting as I am a fan of McCarthy (The Road and No Country for Old Men, among others...) My Short Story class that I'm taking right now is OK. We just finished Faulkner and are onto Alice Munro. My favorite author so far has been Hemingway, my least favorite, just because we over did her, was O' Connor. My other classes are all Comms electives; this winter semester is my "application" semester for the creative track. They want you to take kind of an easier load and focus on getting a portfolio ready. Should be exciting.

I'm excited for Christmas. It sounds fun to see everyone (who knows? maybe Thanksgiving wil work out to go up there...). I am thinking about gifts. Early? Yes, but I have nothing better to do. I wouldn't mind framing pictures for people, if they want them. But you'll have to let me know, I think I have already given people some and don't want to over-do it. So if you have one in mind that you want framed, let me know sooner than later. Other than that, I think we should post gift ideas on the blog, and figure out if we will do a name draw or what. You guys probably don't even want to think about it yet, I know. But have it back there somewhere in your mind and write ideas as they come.

Well, love you all and take care!
Tommy

1 comment:

Danny said...

Danny and I both just read The Road. Good book. I thought it was great--Danny was a little less excited but still liked it. Too bad you can't take the class. Any good books you'd recommend that you've read recently? Books would be a good idea for gifts...Also pictures although we have to look and see if we have any more wall space. We might have to wait until we get a little bit bigger place. We'll keep you posted.
Jenni