Oct. 30, 2007
I hope everyone is ready for Halloween tomorrow night. I like it for some reason. I took some giant patty pan squash from the garden (they are supposed to be picked very small) and hollowed out the top and put in a tea candles. I figure they will sit on the porch wall instead of me carving the giant pumpkin I bought. Carving pumpkins has a certain ick-factor.
Papa Herb had his hernia surgery yesterday. He had to stay in the hospital last night. They had to do abdominal surgery instead of laproscopic, because his appendix scar was in the way. (I did not know he had his appendix out...) He is doing well as of last night and should come home today. Hopefully it will go well for G-ma. I'm sure it will for Papa Herb. Dennis read an entire book on Queen Victoria when he had his hernia repaired. He might as well read it again. He couldn't remember the book or any movies he watched, but he enjoyed them all.
Alex writes tonight. It's always a treat to hear from him. I get to work at the temple tomorrow on Halloween. There is absolutely no connection, but it will be fun to see the people and to see how the attendance is. Probably it will not affect it. I do not understand the difference between affect and effect. Never did. Can anyone explain?
Travis, Agata, and Tommy are very busy and are started to feel the pressure of their classes. I wish they were around so that they could share some of the things they are studying with us. I love to hear about new ideas, and after the finals they usually don't want to ever talk about it again. Agata is going to Poland for Christmas. I'm sure her family will be very glad about that, but we will miss her. Travis will be here for a good visit. Danny and Jenni and boys are driving (with Travis). Good luck with that. It's quite the adventure in the winter. One I enjoy and dread at the same time.
I went to Costco today and bought nothing! I started some friends reading "Twilight" and now they are on "New Dawn" (the second book in the vampire series.) They want to talk about and can't until I have read it. It was supposed to be on sale at Costco. I know it was Saturday, but of course, boom! it's sold out. I'll have to find it somewhere or they will tell me what happens.
Dennis spent a wonderful evening last night playing games (Farkel: he loves it.) and reading his Agatha Christie book and watching Rockford. He needed that!
Take care! We love you all.
1 comment:
The book is "New Moon" not what I said. I have figured that out.
Post a Comment