Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's been a while

Hi everyone. I was just catching up on blog reading and realized I haven't posted in a long time. Okay, I've never really been good at posting. I do read it all the time though and like hearing from you so I figured I'd get on top of it here.

We had a great time in Utah last week and loved seeing everyone. Thanks for going out of your way to hang out with us. It was such a quick trip. Jak loved it and is still obsessed with airplanes. Yesterday in kind of a forlorn tone he said "maybe we will fly in an airplane again." He is still obsessed with airplanes and really anything that flies or that he can make fly--cars, play dough,food, paper, pictures of birds etc. Everything is a blue angel (sad note--did you hear a blue angel pilot crashed this week in a show?). We found a blue angels show on youtube and it is now a favorite video. Airplane obsession was definately the legacy of this last trip.

Jak finally had a breakthrough in his artistic development. We brought home a leaf the other day and did the project where you put paper over the leaf and rub a crayon on top so you can see the leaf. He LOVED it. The first thing he said the next morning (yesterday) was "I want to color leaf." So we went outside and gathered many more leaves and he sat at the table most of the day scribbling and glueing. It was great to see because he usually won't do art that long. Thanks also to Agata for the art box. He uses the crayons and pencils that it came with and we also added to it some glue and kid scissors and paper and stickers and we leave it where he can get at it anytime. Now he does art stuff a lot more and it is really growing on him.

Other artistic development is taking place on the musical front as well. We have started playing the "Watch me sing" CD which is a goody from my childhood (as well as the Currit's I hear) and he can't get enough. Between that and They Might be Giants he will sing and dance around the apartment for a long time. He also sings to himself now while he is doing other things. My favorite yesterday was to watch him glue while dancing and singing in his chair to the music that was playing. He has so much personality.

He is also very conversational. Yesterday when it got a little quiet and I was doing my own thing on the couch and he was, yes, still coloring, without stopping what he was doing he casually said, "so, mom what did you do today?" It was very cute. Add that to his other conversation starters: "Sooo, I have a question." and "Mom, did you have good dreams last night?". He is really a fun person to hang out with all day.

Wow, are you sick of the ramblings of a mother yet? I'll move on to other things now (although I could go on about Jak I'm sure). We planted our garden on Saturday. I'll leave the details to Danny since really he did most of the work. We are very excited for fresh food although we are a little skeptical that those little seeds really can make us food. We'll let you know if it really works or if it is a big scam.

I'm keeping quite busy. We're trying to get everything ready for the baby. Only one more month and we'll be a real family--2 parents, 2 kids! Wow. Kind of scary, but we're very excited. There really isn't that much to do, but we are trying to get the house more organized and I want to get ahead on my primary calling and managing etc. I am also busy tutoring. I still really love doing that. I'm trying an experiment this summer. I want to do a summer camp just before school starts to help my high school students get pumped to do math again. Sounds ambitious, eh? We'll see if anyone signs up. It would be three mornings in a row--about 10 hours. More details later. Send any ideas if you have any.

Life is good here in Seattle. Sunny weather on the horizon. We had a picnic Friday night at the lake that got us very excited for summer. We also can't wait to have Travis and Agata here in the fall. Yay!

Well, that's enough for now.
Have a great week everyone!
Jenni

2 comments:

jo said...

Blue Angel coming in the mail--don't know when. Resist the urge to buy one.

Making a mess is the first step to all art.

Any pre-labor yet?

Danny said...

Oooh--he'll be so excited to have a real airplane. Yes, lots of pre-labor braxton-hicks type things. I had them for a long time with Jakson too. Exciting!