Last night we took the ice cream out of the freezer. Actually it was vanilla fat free frozen yogurt. It doesn't have all the glues and binders of regular rich and fat ice cream and is usually as hard as a rock. Well, it wasn't. It was soft and melting. It appeared we had freezer failure. So late at night we did a quick assessment. At 10:30 a.m. I was at the appliance store and at 12:30 p.m. they delivered a new freezer and hauled to old one away.
Remember the chest freezer in the garage that shocked you when you opened the lid? (I think Travis and Alex do.) Right before Tommy's mission I was able to replace it with the giant in the garage. Allison B. found them at a natural-food warehouse in Springville. They were closing them out for $100.00. I was so glad to get it even though it was huge. It was really annoying that it quit, but I feel very grateful that at a time when we couldn't have bought a new one, we were able to get that one. I asked the delivery men who came today, if they had ever seen a larger freezer. They said no. So I am annoyed that the old one quit, and very grateful to have gotten it for so little. I'm hoping I can remember the gratitude part as a I drive along State Street (there's a two or three year reconstruction project going on. I think UDot makes these things up to keep working.) and as I shop for Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment