Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Surviving winter

Nov. 7, 2006

Tommy's flu and cold this weekend was impressive. I was worried it might be tonsilitis, but he seems to just have a bad head cold. Travis' blog is especially timely as Uncle Marty showed up last night with a personal flu shot for him. I forgot to tell Travis. Marty mentioned that he might purchase flu vaccine for his hospital and I said, then maybe you could give Travis a flu shot. So Marty and Brandy and Daniel came over last night with said needle. I asked Travis if he wanted it and he offered up his arm. I didn't know until I read his blog how prepared he was.

Baby Daniel is so cute. (Of course. He's a baby. But he's especially fun.) Dennis watched him for a few minutes and said that he reminds him so much of our Danny. They are very similiar. He's very cuddly and entertaining, but has a definite independent streak which reminded us of Danny as a baby. They are coming over Sunday for dinner unless the fierce cold spreads. They don't want it. I don't know. Reading Alice in Wonderland and watching movies sounds kind of nice to me (Enjoy it, Agata, if possible. I hope you feel better soon.)

Dennis had to go to Magna last night to fix their computer system. They had struggled with it all day. He flew over in his super Corolla and swooped in and fixed it. Unfortunately he missed our appointment with Martineaus for Mexican food. So Travis and I tried the new All-You-Can-Eat Chinese Buffet in Draper.(This is the town that didn't want a D.I.) It was crowded. We saw some real Chinese friends of ours there (Nan Chung's family) which was an encouraging sign. It was very busy and had tons of dishes. Several kinds of potstickers. It was fun and a good place to visit and eat. They also had a sushi bar, but we decided that Sushi is just strange with all-you-can-eat Chinese deepfried with various sauces.

I get to go to Seattle early for Thanksgiving. I hope to do some Christmas shopping, at least think about it, but I usually end up cancelling shopping for funner things. It will be so good to see Danny, Jenni, and Jak. Dennis promises me that they will absolutely make it to Grandma's to meet me there no matter what the weather. I doubted that, but he said the road up through Idaho would miss all the passes if the weather is bad. (Is that the lonely secondary road that people get lost on????)

Hopefully Danny has sent Alex an invitation to the blog. I'm sure he will enjoy reading all of your comments. I just set up a bigger table downstairs under the extra computer and put about 100 of Travis' school books on it. He is writing several papers and learning Polish at the same time. I hope you all are doing well with school projects. ( I think Travis is discovery the line between preparing and publishing, too, Danny. ) I'm sure your are busy. Good luck!

I voted today for the first time on an electronic voting maching. I enjoyed not voting for races I hadn't studied, and correcting votes when I wanted to change them. Our machines printed a hard copy of the ballot and stored them. I listened to a show that said without a hard copy the machines were easy to bug. It was fun.

Enough. Time to eat.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had miles of fun with the electronic voting machines as well. Apparently the tehcnician spaced out about which tuesday was election day and forgot to come and set them up. So when I got there at the crack of 7, being the smart, early-rising, crowd-avoiding fellow that I am, I had to wait for 40 minutes as they struggled to figure out how to set up the darned things.

Vive la democratie!