Hello all,
Well, the thesis has been occupying way more time lately than I would like to admit, but as my adviser put it today: "You're still in the tunnel, but the light at the end is almost in view". Hmmm, almost encouraging, isn't it?
I thought I'd take a break from the writing and answer Travis' question of what the weather has been like here lately. One word: funny. This city has no idea how to deal with icy, snowy weather. There are no snow plows or salt trucks to keep the roads working, and so the whole city just shut down for about two and a half days because of about one inch of snow. Cars are sliding all over the place, and people are getting sick of being stuck in traffic and are abandoning their cars. Last time I checked, the city had impounded about 40 abandoned cars. Who would just leave their car? Weird.
Even more entertaining than the fiascos on the road are the sidewalk situations. Again, no ice of other methods of cleaning off snow, so the sidewalks are all pure ice. On my walk to school I usually see about five people completely lose their footing and land right on the old buttocks. It's quite enjoyable.
Thanks for posting all of those thanksgiving pictures, they are great.
Love you all,
Danny the Seattle Snowman
No comments:
Post a Comment