Hello family near and far.....
And happy birthday to Oliver Currit who turns 9 YEARS OLD! I hope you have an amazing day. We wish we could spend it with you. I look forward to hearing about it.
Dawn was in the hospital yesterday. She's home now. She has placenta previa which means the placenta will come first, not the baby. She was bleeding and called 911. I'm so glad she did. She's home now. We hope and pray she and the baby can make it for ten more weeks. The baby seems to be fine. She's strong and healthy. But too young to come yet. Dad and I were just going into the Salt Lake Temple when Ty called. We went to our meeting but kept coming out to call. I think this might be a summer of ups and downs. I can't wait to hold this little girl in my arms and pray for her safe arrival.
Travis is in Jelenia Gora in the north by Czech Republic. He is spending a few days in the mountains. We live in the mountains but how often do we take the time to spend a few days in the mountains? Just wondering. I'm glad he was able to get away. It's a slower time at work for everyone except the translator.
Alex passed his ph.d exams and says he never has to take another exam again. But he has to write his dissertation and a lifetime of articles and publications. He is at Cornell Graduation today. Rachel is receiving her ph.d. and her brother is graduating in Political Science. Congratulations! I hope it isn't raining there. I hope it is a wonderful day.
Tommy and Rilee have made it almost to the finish line. I think this baby is going to make it to her due date or longer. I don't look for her to come this weekend. Rilee will be working from home for the next two weeks. They are very excited about the coming events.
Danny and Jenni are almost done with their two downstairs bedrooms. They have accomplished a lot. They have found solutions to a lot of big and little problems and created a new and logical space. I think when the carpet is installed, they will be ready to move in.
Dad and I bought a Honda Pilot. I will miss the big Expedition. It's still a beautiful car. We have had good times in it. At the moment we have way too many cars parked here. We bought a 2011 White Pilot with black leather interior. I hope it serves us well. It's a good looking car. Deciding which car to buy was stupefying. This one felt right and met our basic list. (seat warmers). It's the top luxury model.
I cooked many Swedish pancakes at a camp fundraiser for our inner city ward this week. It was a lot of fun. And they were delicious. I have the recipe if anyone wants it. Now I'm off to garden. Our yard is looking good but it was a big mess. But working in it is good therapy.
Speaking of swallows and gardens, Grandma is on the mend and working hard with lots of rests in between. We hope to see them maybe around the fourth of July if all goes well.
Thanks for all your hard work, your worthy goals, your great accomplishments, and especially for your beautiful children. We love you and pray for you and hope to see you soon.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment