BACK FROM VEGAS
You probably didn't know that Dennis and I made a quick trip to Las Vegas to get our TSA precheck. The Enrollment Centers are booked out. We found two appointments in Las Vegas, but on consecutive days. The interview was brief (five minutes). The office was in a new large empty terminal, but in a back office with a funky door. It seemed like a good idea to enroll. We had a lot of fun. I was pretty hostile towards Las Vegas, but I warmed up to it. We went to the LDS Las Vegas Temple in the east hills. I loved the desert landscaping and the beautiful Barcelona-style temple. Nope we didn't go to the strip. Honestly I don't know how to do it and I hate casinos and crowds. But I loved the desert and palm trees. As usual the car ride was fun. We came back in time for four days of rain. I love rain! The people we met in Las Vegas were looking forward to the wild flowers that will fill the desert soon. They have had a lot of rain. It was beautiful there.
Rilee had an early delivery scare last week. She's taking it easy for two weeks, then there's probably no stopping the early delivery of baby girl. We will all be relieved it she can wait two weeks.
Tyler has a busy Mother's Day brunch. The girls are doing well in school. They are looking forward to having a new little sister. We are so glad to have girls in our family.
Alex is working hard. We will see him the last week of third week of June. He's coming to Idaho for a wedding. He's looking at the possibility of finishing his degree while living in Austin, Texas. That will be a change! I think he will be in Ithaca this fall and winter.
Travis went on a great bike adventure. I don't know the details. We need to find out. Rilee and Tommy's wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Ty and Dawn and Danny and Jenni have their coming up. Ollie's birthday is the 27th and Travis' birthday is June 3. Baby Girl Currit should be here by then.
We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo tonight! Aura Nielson, a neighbor, is making pupusas and selling them tonight hot off the grill. We ordered the works. I knew she was from Texas, but she must also be from El Salvador. I'm looking forward to this.
Dad will probably be working this next year. We'll see how it goes. So far we enjoy the pace of our lives. We just wish we could see you all more. I'm so glad we went to Seattle in February, and especially glad that we seemed to help and not screw up Danny and Jenni's project. We loved our week in New York. We enjoyed meeting Rachel and hearing about Ithaca and Cornell and experiencing it. We enjoyed going to an antique mall and a salvage store and bowling! It was so fun. We look forward to seeing Ty and Dawn and the girls as soon as possible. I'm so glad we shared Christmas. Honestly, we could move to any of the places we have visited. In September we will go to Poland and Italy. That should be very interesting. I look forward to that.
We spent the afternoon in Las Vegas at the temple. I wish I could describe the inside to you. But you'll have to see it for yourself. All I can say is I have never seen so much rose/terracotta color used decorating. It was stunning. and it made for a very sweet afternoon.
No Canadian relatives are close to the Ft. McMurray fire, however they are very worried and upset about it. My impression of Ft. Mcmurray is that, after Edmonton, that is the big town further north. I really think it is an oil town. Not sure. But it's been there for as long as we have. Apparently spring wildfires are very hard to stop as the sap isn't running in the trees and they are very dry. Who knew? And they predicate more wildfires because of the hot weather in Alberta. Also, as westerners, they are angry and disappointed with the government response. That will always be a Canadian issue. Little thought is given to the wild west. Just keep the grain coming!
All plans are on hold until Baby Girl is safely in the world. We pray for a little more time for her and Rilee. We'll keep you posted.
Love to you all.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment