Search This Blog

Monday, September 09, 2013

A Little Welcome Rain

We finally had some rain.  Things have cooled off a little.  We are glad.  It's hard to think about winter after such a challenging summer.  We need some nice weather for a while.

We had a good day yesterday.  Tommy is growing wheat grass.  He bought a juicer so that he can make his own juice.  We juiced everything (except tomatoes!) yesterday.  Asian pear juice was delicious.  So was cucumber juice.  So was grape/cucumber juice.  Wheat grass juice was very green.  We had a good dinner and talked to Alex and Brynna on Skype.  And played hand and foot and watched Evermore with Drew Barrymore.  Dennis and I attended Stake Conference in our inner city ward.  It was sweet and interesting as most of our meetings are.

I don't know if Ty and Dawn have their air conditioner fixed yet.  At least the nights are cooler (instead of warm).  I've heard that Laurel is doing well at kindergarten but is very sleepy at night.

Ollie started first grade, so he and Jak both go to school full days.  I'll bet he's loving it.  Jenni has a new baby grand piano.  It's a beauty.  I'm so impressed with the music she is teaching the boys and others (boys).  They are very lucky.  Danny is preparing to run for 27 hours in Utah in a few weeks.  Hard to imagine.  But we will enjoy cheering him on.

We are missing Agata and Travis!  All of us.  We definitely need to see them. It's been too long.  I think we will see Travis at Christmas, and Alex and Brynna.

Dad's thinking of making a cider press with Tommy.  I think this might snowball into buying a place in the country with apple trees and getting a dog.

I dread winter, but I will adjust.  Good boots and a nice coat help, along with a gym membership and maybe a yoga class.  We barely survived summer. 

Take care and keep in touch.  We love you!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I mean we watched "Ever After". Of course. It was wonderful.