Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hello From Home

I'm back from my brief trip to Seattle. I had a good time visiting with Danny and Jenni and the boys. They are all doing well. I think tonight they will be getting ready for pizza/movie night at the neighbors. Danny and Jenni and I had Moroccan food at a restaurant. It was like being inside of a tent. The food was good. It reminded me of Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day in "The Man Who Knew Too Much." I think that is on my list of movies that Agata needs to see. Danny and Jenni and I watched "The Avengers" and "Before the Rains", a movie about India. Both were very good. Jenni and I made a Boston Cream Pie that was my dream cake. The boys are doing well. Each one is a delight. We watched Ollie and Jak play soccer on the coldest day I ever remember in Seattle. I haven't been able to catch up with Travis and Agata. I missed one call this week. I hope all is well with them. Alex was on tv today---BYUtv. They interviewed him about the PEAT program at BYU. It's a program to place interns who do evaluations for NGO's. It seems to be a program BYU is very interested in and showcases a lot lately. I do believe Rilee and Alex started it. Rilee is in Jordan. She comes home Monday. Tommmy came to Lilah's birthday party. He seems to be surviving. Hopefully we'll see him this weekend. Dad has a cold. Winter has come here. I'm trying to go for a walk. My first really cold walk of the year in Utah (Seattle doesn't count. I expect it to be cool there.) Dad and Brynna are making looms. Weaving looms. This will be a challenging project. (This is a really random paragraph.) Well, I am going for this walk. I will survive winter. I will exercise. I will resist the urge to curl up and read and wait out the cold. Tyler and Dawn are doing well. Dawn is repairing a princess dress for Halloween. They have a Halloween party tonight at the preschool. Dawn seriously wants to miss this one and stay home with Ivy. But I think they will go. Halloween always sounds better last week when it was warm. Ivy is doing well, gaining weight and growing, but is still tiny and pretty. I love to hold her. Let us know what you are doing! It will be fun to see Rilee next week. Love, Mom

1 comment:

Jolene said...

no kidding: that Boston Cream Pie was delicious.