BIG NEWS: Alex and Rilee have been accepted into BYU graduate school in Sociology with full funding. Congratulations! Alex will work all summer and Rilee will finish two classes. She considers that a summer off.
Alex and Brynna found a house to rent in Provo just south of campus. They will have parking and a yard. They are glad to have that search over. Alex will move in next month. Brynna is going to be travelling back and forth for a couple of months when school is out. I think Dennis and I should do a road trip to Fort Collins before the wedding. I would like to visit and see what's there, then just focus on the events and family at the wedding.
Tommy and Rilee are moving next week to a house by Highland High School. I used to walk those neighborhoods all the time. They are looking forward to having a yard and a porch. I think it will be a nice move for them. I love Sugarhouse. My mom grew up there and so did I.
Tyler and Dawn are busy with their family. They have discontinued their home phone and are using the cells. Tyler bought a used I Phone and has it linked to internet. I tried it today. It works great. Dawn uses the cell: 801-652-8480. She loves being home with the girls, but finds it a challenge. She said that she never before had so much time to think. I remember what a challenge that transition was from working full time and school, to being home with babies. I still think it's the best of all careers, but maybe the most challenging. (I don't know why italics came on. Something to do with my left little finger.)
I need to talk to Danny and Jenni! They may have tried to call on Sunday. Our Sundays are crazy with our new church schedule. We meet from 2-5 p.m. It's a little easier on Daylight Savings Time. I'm getting used to it, though. You should hear about Danny and Jenni's July plans. Danny has two youth camps this summer, one high adventure camp, and a youth pioneer trek in some desolate, waterless place. Jenni's going to Canada for Suzuki Conference and taking the boys. I might be going. We need to talk. I think Danny is looking for an ultra marathon, too. I suggested doing one in the Fall.
Everyone enjoyed their trip to Seattle. Tommy and Rilee said that the Ikea bed in the upstairs was very comfortable. It is. Brynna loved Seattle. They came home and got sick, though. I pretty sure that was the flu, not a cold. Everyone is better now.
Dennis is busy pruning trees and trying to have a bigger garbage pile in the street than Chet. We are imagining the yard for the wedding. Also, it's just fun to be outside. What a winter.
I'm trying to do the backsplash in the kitchen and deciding on a rug and couch for the kitchen. We've had too much furniture expire at once. The cost is shocking me. I am working temporarily with a designer who was honestly stunned by the kitchen. No kidding. I made her repeat her reaction several times. Her taste might be a little pricey for me, though. This is the mom who thinks her kids' KSL.com and Craigslist finds are brilliant. I have gone from spending little or no money on the house to being shocked. I honestly can think of funner things to do, but it is intriguing to try to put it together.
Dad and I watched "Sorceror's Apprentice" this weekend. It was perfectly enjoyable. Dad is thinking of doing a volunteer project for the church in developing software. I think it could be fun for him. He is in arguments and meetings all day. It would be good to create something.
Jakson is a reading boy now. Ask him anything about Star Wars. Ollie is taking piano lessons and bows like a champ. Everyone fell in love with Milo on the trip to Seattle. If you get tired of him, Jenni, just pass him on. Laurel has a princess tent in the living room. It is up all the time. It's full of blankets and books. She loves it. She calls it her "fort." Lilah chatters away. Someday we will understand her sentences. Her grandpa thinks she's great.
It's kind of pretty outside. It was supposed to snow, but didn't. Way to go.
Take care all of you and add to the news if you can.
Love, Mom
1 comment:
This Family newsletter seems to be devoid of news of Travis and Agata. I'm sorry about that. The next letter will focus almost exclusively on them. Agata had a birthday. I enjoyed Papa Herb's comments about bear scat in the driveway on her e-card.
Post a Comment