Search This Blog

Saturday, April 02, 2011

News From the Family

What should we call our family newsletter? Any suggestions?

Did you check out Jakson's Darth Vader rendition of Star Wars on U-tube. It was wonderful. I think a Star Wars mask might be the secret to Suzuki music. He played an intricate Star Wars medley while doing a sober, solemn imitation of the Darth himself. It was great.

Agata will graduate on June 9th at the U of W. We are planning on coming. Barbara will be there. I'm so proud of Agata and her determination and work. I hope we get the opportunity to have her present some of her research to us.

Today everyone is helping Tommy and Rilee finish moving. Everyone but me. I don't want to drive into town alone. I was there yesterday. In great chaos they all left and I am here. Their new home is beautiful and old. I love looking at the details. The woodwork is wonderful: genuine craftsman detailing. The rooms are all nicely sized. The kitchen is very usable. It has one feature I really like besides the delicious Sugarhouse water (deep, good wells). The porcelain sink forms its own counters and drainboards. What good idea. They live on a hill. Even though I grew up in the area, I always wondered at the homes built on the hills. Our backyard dropped off into Parleys Canyon, but the street side was level. Rilee and Tommy have a steep driveway and climb to their front porch, and a nice view. I could even see the lake.

Travis and Agata are not at the beach this weekend. They are both studying and writing and cannot be disturbed. I hope they are eating and sleeping. They are faced with serious deadlines.

We were excited to hear in a.m. Conference that a temple will be built in Fort Collins, Colorado. That's Brynna's home town. The wedding plans are moving ahead. We know it is coming as the daffodils are blooming today (even though it will snow tomorrow.)

Jenni got a haircut from her friend, Becca. I'm sure it looks great.

That's all the news for now. Dad and I just finished watching "Jane Eyre" on streaming, the one with Timothy Dalton. We loved it.

Take care and keep in touch!

No comments: