Aug. 25, 2007
This is one of the last weekends before school starts (at least for Tommy.) We went to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in I-Max and 3D. I really enjoyed it. The kestrels were flying off the screen and around the theater. Then we had Indian food. It was a challenge as we accidently ordered a lot of samosas and didn't have room for dinner. Tommy and Dennis are recovering from the stomach flu which put a little more stress on things. But we managed. It's been a great summer. Earlier in the day Tyler, Travis, Dennis and Tyler's friend, Dawn, saw the 3rd Bourne movie downtown. I didn't go see that one. Basically it took me most of that time to get from here to Deseret Book (to buy Shirley Martineau a birthday present). The State Street demolition has spread to 11000 South. And I mean demolition. We finally figured out they aren't going to repave a thing until the end. All of the people trying to go to Costco on Saturday morning were very confused.
Agata is coming to Seattle on the 31st. Travis will be there on the 30th. Something weird happened. Always he told me never to throw away a thing: if you do you will surely need it later. In the last few days he has totally cleaned his room. He's gone through every notebook and stack (and sack, and box, and drawer) of paper and thrown most of it away. I'm inspired. When we get back from Seattle, I'm going through all of the storage closets. If he can do it, so can I. He has bags of stuff for D.I. He won't even let them back in the house. They sit on the porch until we can drop them off for donation.
Tommy is going to acquire a Mac computer this Fall. It will be a necessary tool in his advertising degree. I think he is taking all advertising classes this year.
Alex is travelling to Chiang Mai this weekend. He will meet with Elder Dallin Oaks. I can't wait to here about it. He should write on Tuesday night.
Hopefully we will talk to Danny and Jenni this weekend.
Love you all,
Mom
1 comment:
Nice work Travis! We've got the organizing/throw away bug up here too. I have a hard time throwing things away too but am getting rid of tons of stuff. Feels good.
Post a Comment