Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

MARCH 15th

March 15, 2016

Hi family,

What a whirlwind retired life is.  We still have the family room kind of torn apart and the bedrooms are full of stuff that I no longer care about.  The highlights of my winter were Christmas, seeing everyone, going to California, blessing Finn at our house, taking off for a few winter days in Bryce Canyon, driving to Seattle during the only good-weather week we had.  It's been a long dark, icy winter.

Rilee finally looks like she's expecting a baby.  She just started her last trimester.  I can't believe we're that close to seeing this little girl, and holding her.  We are going to New York to see Alex the first part of April, then to Port Hueneme the first part of May.  Then we come home to wait for the baby.  Somewhere in there we hope to finish the electrical at Danny and Jenni's and see Dennis' Mom and Dad.

Grandma is doing a normal recovery from a heart attack.  She is very weak and tired and not able to eat much, but gaining strength each day.  It takes about a month and a half to get back to somewhat normal.  She should be able to recover.  The Relief Society is bringing in meals and Meri and Steve are helping when they can.  Papa Herb seems very grateful and happy with her life and progress.  We are all grateful.

We have booked tickets to go to Poland and Italy in September.  It's sounding like so much fun.  Travis is going skiing this week in the Alps.  Wear a helmet, Travis.  Most people do now.  Good idea.  Alex has a busy two weeks writing an important exam and presenting a paper at a big conference in DC then flying to Texas for a wedding. 

Dawn is doing well with her pregnancy.  They are thinking of names for the little one.  Those are lucky girls to come to a home full of love and sisters.  I can't wait to hold her.  I wonder if she has an ultrasound picture yet?  Lilah and Laurel looked quite different from each other in their ultrasounds.

I plan on growing lots of tomatoes this summer.  I'm kind of into gourmet catsups.  They are delicious.  Maybe I'll try to make some.

We are busy downtown and still enjoying it.  I feel like we are strengthened so much by the members' faith and simplicity.  Many of them live on a small income and are happy and grateful people.  We talked in church Sunday on service.  Then I played piano in Primary.  We had one child come.  Her name was Juniper.  Then I accompanied the music in Relief Society.  We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner with Tommy and Rilee and played hand and foot, then watched a new Netflix show based on Michael Pollard (?) 's book about cooking.  It was a good day.  Wish you all were with us.

They moved our neighborhood cleanup at the last minute from April 26 to today.  And it snowed.  Of course.  Nobody has much out in the street.  Dang.  I love to see all the garbage get picked up.  It's too early to do yardwork!

Hope the bushes are blooming, the tulips are growing, the sun is shining and you're walking outside, wherever you are!  Keep in touch!  We love to hear from you.

Love, Mom

No comments: