March 26, 2016
I think today is Papa Herb's birthday. I hope he enjoys it. Call him if you can. Grandma got some medication for her cough. Hopefully she is feeling better. Kathy Currit's Mom, Janet, died. The funeral was Friday. Kathy was going to take the whole extended Hummer family out to dinner to be together after the funeral. She said her mom would be thrilled that they did that.
It's still snowing and raining here, although none sticks to the ground. But it's cold. Don't care no more.
Alex just finished his second big exam, his qualifying exam. He was testing and writing for seven days on his two areas of specialty. If he passes, he will just have his dissertation to write and defend. Congratulations to him on surviving a pretty rough week! He is on his way to Washington D.C. today to present a paper at a conference, then on to Texas for a friend's wedding.
We enjoyed talking to Travis Sunday, and Danny's family and Rilee and Tommy. A woman in Travis ski group broke her leg the second to the last day on the slopes. She opted to go back to Poland for surgery. Other than that it sounds like it was a fun trip. He said northern Italy is beautiful.
Rilee is entering the last trimester of her pregnancy. I knew this would go fast. The pregnancy basically covered a normal school year. Soon we will see this little girl. We are all very excited.
Dawn and Tyler have rented a cabin in the mountains next week. They are looking forward to a family get-a-way. I look forward to hearing about it. Travel safely!
Next week we fly to New York to see Alex. We fly into Buffalo. That should be interesting. I imagine it is always raining there. We hope to visit, kick back and enjoy the beautiful lakes and country in upstate New York. Dennis wants to explore some country hand tool sales while he is there.
Someday we will plant a garden. We are already picking sorrel from our herb garden. I love it on sandwiches and in soup.
I had three immunizations updated and moles burned off this week. It was a toxic combination. I don't recommend it. I realize now I finally feel good and I can think again. I missed that. And I don't hurt or itch. But other than that life has been good. Dennis went to a tile class on Saturday and learned how to set tile. We are still working on our fireplace project. Probably we went into it without a plan. (When will I learn?) but I do believe it will turn out to be nice. I guess I always want things to be amazing, and sometimes they aren't bad.
I realized this week that the temple dedication we went to last week has broader meaning in my life. I believe we need to be dedicated to the Lord to have His spirit with us. Our homes need to dedicated to the Lord so that His spirit can be here in the place that we live, and our country need to be dedicated to Him so that He can be with us to guide us and help us. I think that's what's basically wrong with our nation. I know that's simple but it feels so clear to me. We are wandering in the dark otherwise.
Take care and keep in touch. We love you!
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment