Search This Blog

Saturday, February 07, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY!!!!


Today is Danny's birthday.  I believe he is on Orcas Island running a mountain race with his friends.  They slept in a tent last night and are running today.  Jenni is back from her trip to Hawaii with Danny.  He worked, she played.  I'm glad she had that time in such a beautiful place.


It's still snowing in Ithaca.  It's been very cold there, too.  At least winter is happening somewhere.  Alex is very busy with school projects, being a TA, and publishing his thesis.


Travis is going for a hike and to his spin class this weekend.  He loves his spin class.  I don't know where he is hiking.  Hmmm.  Poland is pretty flat.  I think he has to hike up four flights of stairs to his apartment.  Does that count?


We need to talk to Ty and Dawn this weekend.  Hopefully they are all feeling better.  Tyler is pricing surfboards and wetsuits.  He thinks there are a lot of affordable used ones around.  We hope to see them in April if Dennis can get away.


Tommy and Rilee watched the superbowl at their friend's house last weekend.  What a bizarre game.  I hope the little boys in Danny's house survived watching it. 


Dad did a lot of gardening today.  We want to remove a lot of undergrowth and debris as the bulbs are coming up.  I'm sure the blossoms are going to come early on the trees. 


I'm trying to get caught up on doctor appointments and routine testing.  I had to have a colonoscopy this week.  Every five years.  The fasting and stuff you have to drink doesn't really bother Dennis, but I get pretty sick.  But I came through it with no real problems.  Two days out of my life gone....for a good cause. 


Last weekend we drove around the back of Utah Lake.  That lake is at least 40 miles long and who knows how wide.  The west side is very desolate, which is strange for land surrounding a lake.  It was strangely beautiful.  We drove through a little town (finally) named Elberta.  I've heard about it all my life.  There was almost nothing there!  Except a giant LDS Stake Center.  It must be a farming area.  No gas, no food, tumbleweeds everywhere.  We really enjoyed seeing that empty country.  We also drove through Daybreak.  It seems like a very successful community, but kind of weird.  The original, older part really reminds me of Queen Anne in Seattle.  I think it really lacks corner stores and markets, but it's very charming there.  As soon as you leave the Daybreak development, the homes change and are somber, uniform brown and beige and concrete.  So dreary. 


Dad is very busy at work and we are both very busy with our downtown work.  Tomorrow we are having a linger longer in our ward after church.  And the Primary chorister called me to tell me she won't be there.  I'm making a music game to play with valentine hearts.  I'm sort of pushing the limits of substituting.  If they don't like it, they can get someone else.  I want to have fun. 


It seems like a low-key, nothing-really-happening day around here.  We'll let you know if anything exciting comes up this week.  The wind is howling.  That's new.  And it means no smog.  All in all, it's been a open, beautiful winter.


Love, Mom



No comments: