Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Post

What an amazing few weeks! I truly had the time of my life. I can think of no finer group of people I could share my wedding and an adventure through Poland with. It's bizarre and shocking to return to our normal solitary existence but the memories should fuel me for a while. I would love to do it all again in a few weeks with fresh legs. Here's hoping we can arrange another Currit adventure of this sort one day with the whole clan -- I think traveling family reunions in exotic locales might be a wonderful tradition (except for that darn costing lots of money thing ...)

I dealt with the empty-nest aches last week by fiddling with my Raspberry Pi mini computer thingy (Dad and Alex are getting one too, theyre pretty cool!) and doing laundry. I also figured out how the new bike rental service thing works in Warsaw - wish I had done so in time to use it with you guys! It's a great service with the one downside that the nearest stop is the other side of the river by the library. Hopefully they'll expand.

We went to Lodz last weekend to say hi to Agata's fam and pick up wedding presents. We chatted for hours and looked at all the pictures at least 3 times. In the evening we went to the new Woody Allen movie with Lukasz. Its really lame, dont bother. Go see '2 days in New York' instead for a better version of Allen-esque. Sunday Piotrek gave us a ride back with all our stuff. We took the new highway and were amazed - 1 hour and 40 minutes door to door! Its about 3.5 hours door to door with the train, and gas costs about the same as train tickets for 2 people. We might one day succumb to the comfort of having a car. In the meantime, we hope this means people from Lodz will come and visit us more often (which is already looking to be true, some friends are coming this Saturday).

We're really enjoying all our wedding presents, me most of all, since kitchen gadgets are some of my favorite things. The ice cream/yogurt machine is a big hit. We made a delicious grapefruit-mint sorbet and a batch of ridiculously thick Greek yogurt. Turns out you can make Greek yogurt real easy from normal yogurt, just have to strain it through a cheesecloth.

Love you all and keep sending pictures (Dropbox folder or travisandagata.shutterfly.com).




1 comment:

Jolene said...

I have so many good memories. It was so fun. I miss you!