Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back from Poland

I've been waiting to post this for a long time. We had a wonderful time. I didn't get tired of seeing castles, cathedrals, palaces, or art. The people we were with were so much fun. The food was delicious. It was hard to see it end. I was learning so much. There really are a lot of people in this world, and most of them are at international airports.

Agata and Travis planned things carefully. Their ideas were delightful. We enjoyed the bus to the courthouse, the place (Spatif) where the reception was held, and all of the details involved. Agata looked beautiful. Her dress was perfect. It was easy to wear and move in and looked great all night. The ceremony was dignified and happy, solemn but joyous. I was surprised the courthouse was in a park-like setting. I believe it was another restored palace.

I learned so much about the history of Lodz, Agata's home town, Krakow, Warsaw and Poland. I especially enjoyed visiting with Barbara and her friends and family. I liked the night that we visited her father in his apartment. Barbara show me her family photos and that meant a lot to me. I do believe that Agata's grandpa got a kick out of seeing us. He was so fun.

Dennis and I are grateful for all the work people did (especially Barbara and her friends) to see that we were fed and happy. We felt welcome and loved. We are glad that he could walk. He and Agata's dad bought a cane in an antique store. It took the pressure of his ankle and allowed it to heal in spite of the many steps we took.

We love your country and family, Agata. What a brilliant place. What a brave place.
Congratulations to the newlyweds. We miss you! Thanks for all the good memories.

1 comment:

agata said...

Jo, we enjoyed so much having you all here, even when we looked tired, we really actually had a lot of fun and I will cherish those moments forever!