Search This Blog
Friday, April 27, 2012
Where Did Everyone Go?
Hello from home. We are limping along. We had lots of rain last night and this morning. We love rain.
Alex and Brynna are in Thailand. They have settled on an apartment in Chiangmai. We miss them a lot. Rilee leaves this coming Tuesday. She and Tommy are packing in the barbecues and parties and good byes. We are going to miss her and hope to hear a lot about her adventures.
Tyler and Dawn and girls are doing well. Ty mowed the lawn yesterday and did some yard work. It's that time of year when there is lots to do. Dawn is feeling good. The girls just got new haircuts and look darling. Laurel wanted to help garden. She wants to help and learn everything.
Dad is trying to be patient with his recovery. He went to work for half a day today. A friend loaned him a knee scooter. I have to admit, I thought it was motorized. I couldn't figure out the concept. But it isn't. Of course. You push it with your good leg like a regular scooter. Apparently it is very handy and makes life a lot easier. It might even go to Europe this summer.
Danny ran a grueling race last week. What with our problems and some car problems he had, I never asked him what his time was or if he did well! His comments are on his blog. He said it was picturesque, but I never really heard if he would do that race again. I think it was hot.
How about the weather? It will be cool, if not cold, tonight. Then I think it gets ridiculously hot this coming week. Everything is blooming and bolting without a lot of color. What's the weather like where you are?
I wish I could spend a day with each of you to get the real (or close to it) scoop. Agata is meeting with a seamstress. How did that go? She kindly sent me some pictures of wedding dresses with her trying some of them on. Good luck, Agata! All our advice is just us trying to share in the plans. Jenni, when do piano lessons end? Do they go on all summer? Travis, could you tell us again about suit rental for the wedding? Jak, what are you reading? Are you playing soccer this spring? Ollie, have you heard about kindergarten yet? Milo, what's one plus one?
I have a great pie recipe you make with Trader Joe bottled pie cherries.
A friend brought a great dinner last night. It was mashed potatoes with kielbasa slices on top, heated, then served with applesauce. Delicious. Doesn't it sound kind of Polish?
Thanks for all your phone calls, visits and emails. We appreciate it.
We had a "Raising Hope" marathon the other night. Some of us think it is extremely funny. If you start watching it, start with the first episode.
Love, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment