Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Lilah!

Monday was Lilah's birthday. Dawn and Tyler had a bbq at their house. The weather was great! I think it was the end of summer bbqs. Lilah was so fun. She babbles on about how cute everything is and just sparkles. She speaks in whole sentences, but only about three words are discernable. I pointed the camera at her and she turned her head and grinned and said "cheese". Dawn has a video on her cell phone of Lilah following big kids up a big slippery slide at the park, then going down it by herself. Dawn said she went down that slide about 36 times in a row.

Laurel had a little friend there named Edward. He is a magical little guy just like Laurel. They invented a game where they ran up to the lighted Jack-O-Lanterns that were on the porch at night, then ran down the street screaming. They did it over and over. Frankly, I wanted to play. Somehow I think Halloween is going to be fun this year.

Alex and Brynna and Tommy and Rilee came to the bbq. I'll try to post a picture of Tommy and Rilee dressed like Mary Poppins and a chimney sweep. They put their costumes together with the help of Saver's. They looked so good. I appreciate everyones' support of little Lilah's party. It was good to be having a backyard party one more time.

Today is cold and tomorrow will be colder. I loved our trip to Florida. I loved the place, the climate and especially the ocean and beach. The Atlantic is warm! I loved swimming in it. I have a sprained ankle from getting knocked down by the surf one too many times. I'll skip that next time. Hopping over it and swimming in the rolling water behind the surf was the most fun.

It's three and a half weeks until Thanksgiving and two months until Christmas. And I have two big bags of spring bulbs to plant in the garage.

I've been thinking about all the support you gave us with the trauma and work of remodeling our kitchen last winter. You guys were great. And we're loving the space.

I'm very excited about Travis and Agata's wedding. What an adventure this is going to be! Kayak emailed me and said January 10-12 will be a good time to buy tickets.

Kaslikowski's have moved. A single man with a limp and a big yellow dog moved in. Apparently is elderly father will live there, too. The guy drives a convertible sports car. I am missing Chet and Susie a lot. Chet left Dennis (at the last minute) a load of lumber and junk to put out on the curb. Our basketball court is a mess. You probably have all heard about the pagoda tree and the interesting wood it has produced. Dad is having fun with that. (Travis and Agata probably don't know what I'm talking about.) I chickened out at the last minute and had him leave the trunk of the tree and a few branches. I think it's still alive and will grow. Yup, I have a hard time with change.

Love you all!

No comments: